Did you just receive QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118, 11104 while accessing a company file or loading QuickBooks to your new PC? Don’t worry, for this error is fixable and you don’t have to be an IT or accounting expert to fix QuickBooks error code 3371. By following the methods provided in this article you will be able to fix it on your own. However, if you are short of time or you want a certified technician to perform the troubleshooting steps for you.
Reasons why QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118, 11104 occurs
One or more of the following conditions may cause QuickBooks Error 3371:
· QuickBooks registration.dat file is either damaged or missing.
· MSXML (Microsoft) component is damaged.
· Windows Operating System is outdated.
· Your antivirus is preventing QuickBooks installation.
· Tried importing the QuickBooks file before saving it.
Steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118, 11104
Follow these 4 DIY troubleshooting steps in order to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118:Method 1: Install Windows updates
· If the latest Windows updates are not installed, the installation of QuickBooks Desktop may fail and result in Error Code 3371 with status code 11118 or 11104.
· Go to Settings and select Windows Update.
· Check if your Windows Operating System is updated.
· Install the available updates and try to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
If you received Error 3371 while opening a company file, use QuickBooks Tool Hub to fix it. Make sure you have the most updated version of the tool hub so this step can be performed seamlessly.
· Close QuickBooks Desktop and download the most updated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
· Go to Downloads and run QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
· Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
· Double-click on the tool hub icon on your computer’s desktop.
· Select Installation issues from the left pane and click 3371 Error Fix option.
· Press Ok and try to reopen the company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
· Move on to the next step if the issue still exists.
Method 3: Fix damaged QBregistration.dat file
· Close QuickBooks and open Task Manager (press Ctrl + Shift + Delete).
· Go to the Processes tab, right-click QBW32.exe process and click End Process Tree.
· Click OK and then open Run command.
· Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8 in the box and press OK.
· Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file in the folder.
· Click Yes to confirm and open the QuickBooks application.
Method 4: Install/Uninstall QuickBooks in Selective startup mode
Before you install or uninstall QuickBooks, create a backup of all your essential data. Also, keep a copy of your QB license and product number handy.Start your computer in Selective startup mode
· Shut down and start your computer in selective startup mode
· Open the Run command and type msconfig.
· Select OK and in the General tab, click on Selective startup and Load system services.
· Go to the Services tab and select Hide all Microsoft Services.
· Select Disable all.
· Uncheck the box for Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
· Check the Windows Installer checkbox from the list of services.
· Select OK and the Restart (on the System Configuration window).Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
· Log in to your system as an admin.
· Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
· Select QuickBooks Desktop and press Uninstall/Change.
· Select Next.Reinstall QuickBooks
· Open the file QuickBooks.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
· Accept the software license agreement and select Next.
· When prompted, enter QB Product and License numbers.
· Select Next.
We hope that you find this blog post helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error 3371 with status code 11118 and 11104. In case the issue persists, contact our certified QuickBooks error support technicians at 1-800-615-2347 for more advanced solutions.