QuickBooks is holistic accounting software that has eased management of small and medium-sized businesses. The software has ensured productivity and efficiency across accounting and marketing sectors. System requirements for the desktop versions of QuickBooks not very demanding, and the software can run on most of the computers today. The 2013 QuickBooks edition requires at least a 2 GHz processor and 1GB of RAM, though a faster processor is recommended and for multi-user systems 2GB of RAM is necessary for. The QB Software requires 2.5GB of free hard disk space.
The data files associated with QB will require additional space. At least a 4X CD-ROM drive is required for CD installation, and your display should support a resolution of at least 1024X768.Quickbooks will also support up to one extended monitor.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop
Following are the details about the required system requirement of your system to run the QuickBooks desktop smoothly on your system.Compatible Operating Systems:
The list of Operating systems that are compatible with the QuickBooks Desktop software includes the following:
· Microsoft Windows 8.1
· Windows Server 2012 R2
· Windows Server 2011 SP1
· Microsoft Windows 7 SP 1
· Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
· MS Windows Server 2016
Linux- If you use QuickBooks desktop Database Server manager for Installation, then it should possess the following specifications:
OpenSuse 42.2, Fodera 25, Red Hat 7 (Update 3)
Browser Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop:
Internet Explorer 11 (32 bit)
Recommended Hardware and Operating System Requirements
Processor: 2.4 GHz (minimum)
RAM: Minimum of 4GB RAM, while a RAM of 8 GB is recommended
It is pertinent to note that the RAM Requirements of the server vary with the number of users.
For users up to 5: 8 GB RAM is recommended
For users between 5 to 10: 12 GB RAM
For 15 users: 16 GB RAM; and
20 users: 20+ GB RAM is recommended.
For B Desktop, your system requires at-least 5 GB space. In addition to this space, you will require about an additional 60 MB for Microsoft .Net 4.6 Runtime.
Other requirements for Intuit Data Protect exclusively for US Users
It requires a minimum of 4 GB RAM required
If you are using US QuickBooks Software, then US version of Windows is required.
If the user is hosting multi-user access, then administrator rights are required for the server computer.
In order to do the CD installations, 4 X DVD-ROM drives are required.
The screen resolution should be 1280 * 1024 resolution or higher with up to two extended monitors.
· Microsoft Office 2016 both on 32 and 64-bit Operating systems.
· Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 both on 32 and 64-bit
· For exporting reports, user needs to have Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013 or 2010 or Office 365.
· For preparing letters, Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365 are required.
· Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit)
· While synchronizing with Outlook, you require QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.
· Applies to US only- QuickBooks Point of Sale V12.0, V11.0, V10.0
· TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Both for personal and business purpose)
· Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (Applies to US Only)
· Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
· `Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
· Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018
System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and Enterprise solutions 22.0
Checkout the latest system requirements for QuickBooks desktop 2022 and enterprise solutions 22.0:Operating System Supported:
· Windows 10 (64 bit)
· Windows Server 2012 R-2
· Windows Server 2011 R2
· Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
· Windows 7 Service pack-1 (64 bit)
· Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
· Database Servers:
· Windows Server 2008 R2
· Windows Server 2012
· Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7 SP1
Hardware and Operating System Requirements:
· Minimum 2.4 GHz processor
· Minimum 4GB RAM required (8GB RAM Recommended)
We hope the article familiarized you with the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop and Enterprise Solutions. In case you face any issues in this context, feel free to get in contact with our QuickBooks technical support team by dialing helpline number 1-800-615-2347.
source URL: https://www.rolonet.com/blogs/52027/System-Requirements-for-QuickBooks-Desktop-and-Enterprise