The relationship between a blog and a website.
A blog is a social tool and a website is a business tool. A blog can be a business, however, the information contained herein is for other types of businesses.
1. A blog is a social tool and a website is a business tool.
2. You can have a blog as a part of your website. This way, while the other parts of the website are taking care of business, the blog is socializing and generating social traffic which your website can convert to business traffic.
3. It takes effort to make your blog actually work. You need to continually create time to populate your blog with relevant content for as long as the blog is online. If you can do this, you will make google very happy. Google will be in your debt and google always pays it's debts.What is relevant content?
Remember, a blog is a social tool. So don't bore your your blog visitors with "sales pitch". Instead educate your visitors about stuff that have to do with your products. Eg. How-tos, best practices, do's and don'ts, etc.
Many of your blog visitors want your products but don't feel the need, because it might be a waste of their time and money.Relevant blog content does the following:
- Encourages readers to go for it.
- Tells readers you are more than just "come and buy", but an expert in your field.
- They can count on you for durable products.- They can count on you for professional advice when they have issues with your products or other related products.
- And so on...
How to create relevant content.
- First, you need a research tool, google search, to be precise.
- Then you need to search for blogs that have the kind of content that will be relevant for your blog.
- Then you need to read the content that appeals to you, so you can create your own content.
Also, when you create relevant content for your blog, because of the research that goes into it, you learn more about your products/services.
Do not copy and paste content from other blogs or websites to your blog. Google knows the original owner and will penalize you for plagiarism (wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions").
If you cannot create your own content, your "BEST" option, and this is the least that's expected of you if you want search engines to remain happy with you, is to:
- Copy the content that appeals to you, then scramble the content.
- Change some words to other words that mean the same thing.
- Move sentences from their position to other positions.
The idea is to clearly pass the same message but look different. Original.
If you can do all this, your blog will continue to generate organic (free and targeted) traffic to your blog via search engines, in addition to your other content promotions.
Google doesn't know when you have new content on your website, however, as their online robot continues to visit websites, they will eventually find your new content and add it to their records. This process can be hastened.
The easiest way to let google know that you have new content for them to add to their records is to share your content on popular social media platforms Eg. facebook.com, twitter.com, linkedIn.com. Google will find your new content faster. The *most reliable method* is to go to https://search.google.com/search-console then register or sign-in and follow the instructions to add a new website. Make sure to put https:// at the beginning of your website if you have a SSL installed and use www if you want the www to be a part of the URL (website address) in the search results.
- Thanks for reading. Please add your ideas and opinions in the comment area.
I wish you the best of luck in your web efforts.